Community Rules, Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the Center for Advancing Research Impact in Society (ARIS) community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules. If you have questions, please reach out to ARIS staff via our Contact Us page.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited and will be removed upon discovery or notification. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Code of Conduct
ARIS is committed to providing a safe learning environment for faculty, staff, students, and those participating in university ARIS-sanctioned activities. Harassment of or by participants of the ARIS Community in any form will not be tolerated, therefore this code of conduct is in place to protect the safety of all users. Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to language or imagery of a violent, threatening, sexual, discriminatory, demeaning, or disruptive nature. These behaviors are not appropriate for any component of the ARIS Community. Users who are asked to stop any harassing or discriminatory behavior are expected to comply immediately. ARIS staff may take action to address any situation that is disrupting the meeting or making the environment unsafe for participants, including asking participants to leave the online community.
I hereby agree that as a participant in the ARIS Community, I will:
- Conduct myself with integrity, respect, honesty, and credibility.
- Approach all events in accordance with the highest ethical standards of professionalism and personal conduct.
- Avoid all activities that will cause damage to or discredit to my organization, ARIS or myself.
- Embrace our diverse community of professionals and learners, and be inclusive of all audiences in my presentations, demonstrations, and conversations.
Questions about this code of conduct may be directed to our Contact Us page. ARIS staff will be happy to assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe while using the community platform.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply Privately" option in each message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as "remove me from the list," to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin using your new email address. Simply change your settings by returning to the ARIS website, select "Member login," "My account," "Account settings," and select "Change password" under "Contact information."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of ARIS. ARIS is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ARIS or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ARIS be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents they own the copyright with respect to such material or have permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ARIS and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
ARIS does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of ARIS we will take all appropriate action.
ARIS reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and email address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization.
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
"Personal information" is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that ARIS has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
The personal information we collect includes the following:
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as adding items to your shopping cart or adding/modifying/deleting email preferences.
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction.
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase and receive an item, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programs, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates).
- In some instances, when you use our Services, you may provide age, gender, demographic information or interests and favorites.
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- We also collect information about your interaction with our Services, your web viewing or services selections, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from the devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services. This information comprises the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising and unique device token.
- Geolocation information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device's settings' menu.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history and your web log information.
Personal information we collect using cookies, web beacons and similar technologies
Individual or participant data will never be sold or shared with third party service providers. Information may be shared within the University of Missouri System.
Changes to this notice
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please connect with us using our Contact Us page.